Your First Fifteen Minutes of the DayTeacher Routines
1. Review your lesson plans for the day. Mentally walk yourself through what the instructional day should hold. I say "should" because adjustment is constant in teaching and each day holds the possibility of change.
2. Be sure all materials are prepared to carry out the days lesson plans.
|Be sure all materials are prepared|
4.Be sure morning assignments or warm-up activities are ready before students enter the room.
5. Read and respond to parent notes or emails. As a rule of thumb, it is best to respond to parents within 24 to 48 hours if possible.
6. Be sure you are prepared for any staff meetings of parent conferences scheduled today.
Student Routines 1. Be sure children are trained to come in, put backpacks, coats and supplies away, then begin the morning assignments. This procedure should be established at the beginning of the year.
|Student storage area... not perfect, but neat and student maintained!|
|"To office" items go in this box.|
3. Be sure you complete and turn in morning attendance.
4. Send messengers to deliver notes to the school office, lunch money to the cafeteria, etc.